The 70th Annual 34th Infantry Division Reunion will be held in Johnston, Iowa 6-7 Oct. 2017. The reunion will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the forming of the 34th Infantry Division at Camp Cody, New Mexico on August 25, 1917.
Lodging: The Reunion lodging will be at the Quality Inn & Suites, 4995 Merle Hay Road, Des Moines, IA 50322
Phone # 844-371-9604. At intersection of I-80 and Merle Hay Road. Room Rate $69.00
A Hospitality gathering, on Friday PM & Saturday, will be at the Lions Club building in Johnston. It is located 6501 Merle Hay Road, just 15 blocks North of Interstate I 35/80/during the hours announced in the Reunion Program. Snacks, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages will always be available.
Please keep in mind that you need to do two things in order to join us in Johnston:
• Send in your Reunion Registration - the form is included in the newsletter at page 8. NLT 15 Sep 2017
• Make the Hotel reservation – Quality Inn and Suites,
4995 Merle Hay Road, Des Moines, IA 50322 Phone Number 844-371-9604. NLT: 15 Sep 2017
Final details and any updated information will be posted here.
Registration: The registration fee for the two day conference will cover the Friday Evening dinner, the Saturday Banquet, ice cream social and soft drinks & snacks.
The Registration Fee: for the two day event is $40, to be paid with the pre-registration.
Single day reservation is $17 Friday & $23 Saturday.
Friday Afternoon and Evening- October 6th: “Gathering of the Red Bulls Tail Gate Party” at the Johnston Lions Club.
Saturday Morning, October 7th
Business meetings of our organization and Afghanistan Medical Operations Brief.
Saturday Afternoon we will tour the Iowa Gold Star Military Museum with special 34th Infantry Division exhibits.
Ice Cream social at the museum at 3:30 PM.
Saturday Evening, Social gathering for refreshments. Posting of the colors and Infantry Association Recognition awards event. Memorial Service & Dinner.Keynote speaker will be Mr. Brian Leehan, the author of the book “Roaring Bull: The 34th Infantry Division in the Global War on Terror.” Books will be available for purchase.
34th Infantry Division Centennial Events
- Jan. 2017- 34ID 2-page spread in Minnesota Guard Annual Report
- Jan. 2017- 75th Anniversary of 34ID arrival in Europe
- Jan. 2017- "In the Fight, Minnesota and the First World War" exhibit at Minnesota Military Museum
- Jan. 2017- "Camp Cody: World War I" exhibit at Deming, NM Museum
- April 7, 2017- "The War That Changed Us: Songs & Stories from WWI America," Fitzgerald Theater
- April 8, 2017- "WWI America" exhibit opens at Minnesota History Center
- April 16, 2017- Brig. Gen. Jon Jensen promotes Red Bull history on Minnesota Military Radio
- May 2017- Memorial Day event at Iowa Gold Star Memorial
- July 2017- Minnesota Twins Armed Forces Day theme “Red Bulls through the Years”
- Aug. 8, 2017- Maj. Ingalsbe and Doug Bekke interviewed on Minnesota Military Radio
- Aug. 2017- Iowa National Guard alumni day at Camp Dodge
- Aug. 2017- Media engagements
- Aug. 29, 2017- 34ID parade at Minnesota State Fair Military Appreciation Day
- Oct. 6-7, 2017- 34ID Reunion, Johnston Iowa.
- Oct. 6, 2017- Release of "Roaring Bull: The 34th Infantry Division in the Global War on Terror" by Brian Leehan at reunion