HEADQUARTERS 34TH INFANTRY DIVISION
UNITED STATES ARMY
APO - 34
231400A September 1945 *
OPERATIONAL INSTRUCTIONS NUMBER 92
1. 34th Inf Div will move from NE ITALY to the UNITED STATES via NAPLES. Move to be by rail, and motor transportation. 88th Inf Div will relieve 34th Inf Div of operational mission in NE ITALY.
2. Move from present area to LEGHORN via BOLOGNA will be by motor transportation. Move from LEGHORN to NAPLES will be by rail.
3. Units, less low point personnel to be transferred to 88th Div, will prepare to leave present area according to the following schedule:
29 Sept - 135th Inf Regt
1 Oct - 133rd Inf Regt
3 Oct - 34th Inf Div Arty
5 Oct - Div Hq, 109th Engr Bn, 109th Med Bn, 734th Ord Co, 34th Cav Rcn Tr (Mecz), 34th Sig Co, 34th QM Co, 34th MP Plat, and any holdovers from infantry and artillery.
4. All units will be prepared to send advance parties to NAPLES and LEGHORN when called for.
5. Details of movement will be published later.
*: 231400A is read as day 23, time 1400 (2 p.m.), time zone A (GMT+1).
Source: Bolte papers, US Army Military History Institute, Carlisle Barracks PA.